Hello! I’m Katie and thank you for checking out my blog!
I’ve created Paleo Bug because that’s who I am! My nickname has always been Katie Bug or “Bug” and I eat Paleo, so the title just fits!
If you’ve read my subtitle, you will see that it states, Eat Clean, Binge Dirty, and Train For The Big Booty. This is my life. I’m an advocate for eating whole, unprocessed foods, but on the flip side I like to devour cookies and ice cream, plus I love to train my glutes. This blog will be about just that.
Here’s a little more about me:
• B.A. in kinesiology with an emphasis in coaching from California State University, Chico.
• Basketball has been my primary sport of choice for the majority of my adolescent and young adult life. Although I don’t play much anymore, except for the occasional game of horse, I managed to compete at the junior college level. I’ve also competed in volleyball, softball, and cross-country. Currently, I’m most interested in plyometrics, weight training, yoga, gymnastics, hiking, sprint work, and Olympic lifting.
• USAW weightlifting level 1 coach
• Olympic weightlifting course through Catalyst Athletics- Completed twice
• ASEP high school coaching certification
• Crossfit level 1
• Crossfit kids
• Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength DVD
• Fitness RX for Men- March 2012- Cross Training Article
• Fitness RX for Men- April 2012- Olympic Lifting Model
• The Paleo Solution- Fitness Model
• Power, Speed, Endurance- Fitness Model
• Free+Style- Fitness Model
• Becoming a Supple Leopard- Fitness Model
• 7 years of coaching experience at NorCal Strength and Conditioning. Note that I trained directly under owners Robb Wolf–New York Time’s best selling author of The Paleo Solution–and his wife Nicki Violetti–the developer of Crossfits well known On Ramp curriculum–during the first four years of my time coaching at NorCal.
• 2 years experience running NorCal Strength and Conditioning’s Olympic Lifting Program
• Developed NorCal Strength and Conditioning’s Strength Class Program
• Developed NorCal Strength and Conditioning’s Glute Training Workshop
• Spent 2 weeks with Mark Rippetoe, filming the Starting Strength DVD and learning his methods
• Carl Paoli’s Gymnastics Seminar
• Kelly Starett’s Mobility Seminar
• Ido Portal Seminar
• Robb Wolf’s Paleo Solution Seminar- Attended four times total
• Kettlebell seminar
• 10th place finish in the 2009 Norcal Crossfit Regionals
• 3rd place Finish in the 2009 Crossfit Games Affiliate Cup
• Chico State University teacher’s assistant for Professor Thomas Fahey in the Principles of Strength and Conditioning course
• Trained the Marine recruits on several different occasions
• Taught numerous children’s and teen’s volleyball and basketball summer camps
• Trained Muay Thai in Thailand
• I grew up in a small farming community so I’ve spent my fair share of time on the farm and that has stemmed my interest in eating local and sustainable food. I try to eat seasonally and in doing so, I have developed a love and interest in cooking random ‘I thought there was nothing in the fridge’ kind of dishes.
• I love kicking it with my french bulldog Bee.
• Being lazy is my thing! I can easily sit on the couch all day watching shows, drinking coffee, and shopping online!
• Traveling. Most of my travel time outside the U.S. has been spent in Thailand, Brazil, and Bali; cooking, tanning, training, sleeping, and de-stressing! I have a love for the tropics.
• RV America! Recently my husband and I purchased a Minnie Winnie and we’re obsessed. We’ve been taking it every where and having the best time exploring all the National Parks America has to offer. It’s the perfect dose of roughing it and we love it! We pack up Bee, head out to the nature, eat good food by the campfire, catch up on our reading, and have the best time hiking and site seeing!
• My favorite thing to do though is get my daily dose of Vitamin D by the ocean or pool. Just like a lizard 🙂
Contact Info: I’m nice if you are! Please feel free to email me at email@example.com.